Please bring a box, or cat carrier, to take your chicken/s home
Monday to Friday
- except by appointment
The hatching runs for 7 days (eggs provided Saturday to Monday will hatch around Wednesday)
- during this time you hire the incubator.
Chicks need to remain under heat for 4 weeks, then inside for an additonal 4 weeks. It is cheaper to purchase the brooding equipment than hire it for this amount of time.
Brooder items can be used for furture hatchings, or to house other animals, such as rabbits.
24 egg incubator (transparent, allowing full visibility) (eggs not included)
Bookings are required.
This program will not be available out of season (approximately February to August)
Cost to hire for 1 week = $50
Deposit = $150 (fully refundable on return within 7 days)
Brooder Items to Raise Chicks to 8 weeks
Eggs are for pure breed chickens and have been incubated for 18 days, so are due to hatching in 3 days
Eggs are available Saturday to Monday and are due to hatch on Wednesday or Thursday.
Not all breeds are available every week, see 'fertile eggs' to see the types that may be included.
Cost of 18 day eggs (with embryo) = $8 to $12 each, depending on breed
1 bag of shavings = $5
2 kg of Chick Starter = $5
Large Hutch = $118
Large Stand with shelf = $62
Light fitting with switch = $25
2 x 75W globes = $10
1.3 L drinker = $7
1.5 Kg feeder = $10
Brooder items (including stand) = $232
Brooder items (excluding stand) = $170
- Pure Breed (not cross breed) fertile eggs with embryo are provided, which will hatch in 3 days.
- Craig can be contacted during the hatching program to provide expert advice, if required.
- Craig's farm provides on-going support, both during and after the program
- Photos of chickens hatched can be sent to Craig to help you identify roosters from around 8 weeks of age
- Craig's farm will take roosters
Incubator Hire: $50
6 eggs at $8 each: $48
Brooder items (excluding stand): $170
Shaving and food: $10
TOTAL = $278 (+$150 fully refundable deposit)